Friday, August 05, 2005

Serious mode: ON

I am in the haze of missing my mother. How many times have I said there’s never a day I don’t think of her? I have long accepted the fact that she’s been with the Lord, but my earthly being still calls for the comfort of a mother. Hay Nanay, miss na miss na kita! I feel sorry for myself whenever I think losing you was because I have loved you more than anyone else. The Lord doesn’t want that; so He took you from me so He will be at the apex of my life. Certainly I know He has planned the number of your days even before you were born. So I shouldn’t resent at all. It’s part of the growing-maturing process. And feeling this makes me realize I should, all the more, ask for the Lord's peace in me.

It’s my birthday month and I’m in my 20s now. Sayang, Nanay, you haven’t seen me turn 20. I know you’ll be happy if you did. You’ve always been. And that’s enough. I just give my gratitude to the Lord for making me a part of OUR loving family.

>>>
Why have such sentiments? Maybe it’s part of the birthday mode. Or plainly not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home